Monday 15 November 2010

An odd time to start a Formula One blog....

If by some miracle you're here for my first post, you'll be surprised to see a new blog about Formula One started the day after the season finishes.  And you'd be right to be surprised, it is a pretty daft time to start one, but what the hell, I'll do it anyway.

I am no expert when it comes to the technical side of Grand Prix racing, but I love it and.  I raced go karts for about 8 years from the age of 8, but in the end had to face facts that I was probably neither good enough nor slim enough (nor rich enough for that matter) to make it very far. Since then I've had neither the time nor the inclination to get back into serious competition, but remain completely and utterly gripped by Formula One.

If I am to be honest with my readers (if they ever materialise), and I hope to be, I will very likely display a small Ferrari bias having fallen in love with the red marque in 1997 - I abandoned Williams because of their discarding of Damon Hill, an early hero, and switched alleigiance to Ferrari because they were the ones taking the fight to the traiterous Brits from Didcot (I have since largely forgiven them, though news today of their dumping of Nico Hulkenberg's makes me think they might still be the same old team!).

However I will do my best to remain relatively impartial.  I have recently managed to overcome a serious anti-Hamilton bias largely because of his tendency towards the bonkers when it comes to overtaking moves, and just his committment in general.

So I hope to entertain and maybe even inform, they're just opinions and mine alone, hopefully it'll be worth reading!

No comments: